Is pregnancy possible inspite of being on Logynon contraceptive pill?
I recently started on logynon contraceptive pill only to realise nine days later that I have taken it wrongly... Instead of started at the start on the brown. I counted along the strip to match the corresponding days (I took it first on the Thursday past therefore four days into the brown pill) carried on through there. My partner and I had unprotected sex for the first time today nine days from I first started the pill. (I didn't start the pill on the first day of my period but three days after it ended when I was prescribed it, there was no intercoursein between my period and taking the pill). What measures should I now take? Do I still have protection as I waited seven days or should I go and get the morning after pill?
You are protected
I understand your concerns about possibility of pregnancy.
There is no possibility of pregnancy as per your description. Hence don't worry about pregnancy. There is no need of morning after pills.
Use additional contraception
Yes. You are protected from pregnancy. Take the missed pills at once now and continue the remaining pack as per schedule. You are protected.
Use additional contraceptive like condom for any sexual intercourse in this cycle to be on safer side.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Contraceptive pill logynon dissolve in mouth
- Logynon contraceptive pill
- Regestrone pregnancy contraceptive pills
- Is pregnancy possible after taking emergency contraceptive pills
- Logynon contraceptive pill side effects
- Emergency contraceptive pills logynon
- Emergency contraceptive pills logynon dosage
- Possibility of pregnancy while on althea contraceptive pills
- Is pregnancy possible while taking contraceptive pill
- Logynon contraceptive pill skipping a period