Is pregnancy possible after having sex before periods?
I want to know if its possible to get pregnant if I have sex 3-4 days before my periods?
The thing is I have PCOS and very irregular period, but they last almost always for about 8 days minimal and there is lots of them.
My last period was only for 2 days and than again 2 weeks later for 2 days, plus they were very mild.
I was supposed to start my period again last friday.
Could it be, or am I just wishing?
Yes it is possible
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
Yes it is possible to get pregnant even 3-4 days before periods. Though rare, it is still a possibility.
But since you have PCOS your periods cannot be correctly predicted. So the delay in your periods could be either PCOS or pregnancy.
I will advice you to get a blood pregnancy test done .
Also from next time try to use some contraceptives like pills or condoms, if you do not want to get pregnant.
Feel free to consult me directly
Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
I will get my blood tested to be sure.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do delayed period after unprotected sex indicate possiblity of pregnancy
- Had unprotected sex after period missing period chances of pregnancy
- Missed period had unprotected sex during safe period pregnancy possibility
- Is pregnancy possible after having sex during safe period
- Is pregnancy possible after having unsafe sex in periods
- Had sex taken nordette no period possibility of pregnancy
- Is pregnancy possible after having sex during periods
- Irregular periods have unprotected sex possibility of pregnancy
- Is pregnancy possible after having sex in the safe period
- Is pregnancy possible before first ever period