• question-icon

Is persistent pain in left testicle a cause for concern?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Men's Health
Question: For last 15 days my left testicle is slightly paining. Though not remember may be I had hurt myself while foreplay. From last week I had notice its size is enlarge by around 50% from my right one, which is normal condition. Though there is no lump I found. The slightly pain is still there. Should take some medicine or any home remedy will help.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult urologist urgently and get testis ultrasound if required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

1. Testis pain for 15 days with increase in size likely indicates a mild infection called epididymo orchitis. It can also happen due to problems in blood supply to testis or from dilatation of veins called varicocele. Infection can also cause fluid accumulation around testis. Getting hurt from foreplay is less likely to be the cause for your symptoms.

2. It is important to consult the urologist and get clinically examined. The doctor might recommend an ultrasound scan of testis to confirm the diagnosis. This is a simple procedure and any problems in testis and scrotum will be known.

3. If epididymo orchitis is confirmed then a short course of antibiotics will be prescribed for treatment. Most other conditions can also be completely treated. Please do not neglect any pain and swelling of testis and consult the urologist urgently.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist