Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
Compression stocking reduce the swelling of legs
Detailed Answer: XXXXXXX
Do you have pain while walking? Is it reducing your walking distance before the pain starts?
I assume you are having lymphodema of the left leg since the DVT problem is long standing. If the DVT was successfully treated the life threatening complication would nullify soon e.g the venous clots reaching the heart reduce.
However you should understand because of deep venous thrombosis, there is a lot of fluid that leaks into the extra vascular space (outside the veins) and the lymphatics eventually block (unable to carry the excess fluid from this space) and thus lymphodema results. This is what I guess you have.
It would be good if you could have shared a doppler study of the vessels in the leg to me. You can upload reports here.
Now coming to your question, I am not sure if panchakarma / Ayurveda treatment would resolve your issue. Medical science works on evidence. Evidence says that you will certain see a reduction in swelling if you follow these for at least 5 years
1) Compression stockings all the day, you can remove during the night sleep.
2) Increase walking per day so that the extra space fluid can be pumped out by the working muscles of the leg
3) A vascular surgeon can give you certain medicines that will enhance the working of lymphatics.
Thank you for allowing me to answer your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?