Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia with high blood pressure?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: is it safe to take garcinia cambogia with high blood pressure,?my blood pressure stays around 136 to 150
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Garcinia extract is useful in natural weight loss.

Garcinia Cambogia helps you lose weight by slowing down production of an enzyme called citrate lyase, which turns unused carbohydrates into fat. Effectively blocking the enzyme causes your body to burn off the excess carbohydrates, leaving nothing left to turn to fat.

Garcinia is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when used for 12 weeks or less. Long-term safety is unknown. Garcinia can cause nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headache.It is not known to cause hypertension or high BP.Use for 3 months will not cause any blood pressure issues.Long term effect on body and blood pressure is still under investigation.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Regards.
DrSudarshan
Dermatologist.