Is it safe to give bacigyl-n to one year old child?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Dr, on the bottle of BACIGYL-N, its written that its carcinogenic in mice and rats.so i am worried if it is safe to give to my one and a half year old daughter.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query

Bacigyl N is an antibiotic and contains metronidazole and norfloxacin. It is perfectly safe for childs and suspension comes for pediatric use only. It is used to treat the bacterial infection which have cause vomiting and loose stool to your child. Do not worry and give it to overcome from the infection and to treat the vomiting and loose stools. Use it in the dose as prescribed by your treating doctor. Do not overdose the drug. In addition to this follow some precautions:
1. Keep your daughter hydrated. Give only boiled water.
2. Give fresh and light food only.
3. Use electrolyte powder like ORS in water. It will take can of electrolyte imbalance.
4. Wash the hands properly before giving meals to your child.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back for any doubt.

Best Wishes

Dr. Kulbir Singh