Is it possible to pre pone or postpone ovulation time?

Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 18 Feb 2015 in Getting Pregnant
Question: My husband works away and is only home for 9 days every month. We want to get pregnant. How difficult is it to get my ovulation date to match when he's home?
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have sex during the time of ovulation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..
I understand your concern..

You should have intercourse during fertile period.. In a 28 day cycle 14th day is the day of ovulation.. How is your cycle length?

In 28 day cycle, have intercourse around day 11 to16... This time you will have maximum pregnancy..

Latest technology of cryopreservation of semen is available.. So even in the absence of your husband ,on the day of ovulation semen can be intilled by IUI..

Hope I have answered your query.. Good day..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj