What does my HSG report indicate?

Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 3 Feb 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello Doc,

HSG report , show Fimbrial block right side...how should we proceed for pregancy.. Please help me with suggestion.

we have visited doc, she said to meet on a day of period starts.. wht is the logic behind this..
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..
I understand your concern..
-
HSG says only the right tube is blocked.. It means the left tube is intact.. That means there is chance of normal conception..

The doctor told to review on the day periods starts so that ovulation induction drug can be started from day 2.. Continue with follicular study from day 10 to see for follicular development and date of ovulation.. If follicles develop on the left ovary, there is a high chance of conception..

Hope I have answered your query.. Feel free to ask any doubts.. Good day..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 11 hours later
Thanks doc....how long this process go on to see the progress....we are very anxious about this...do we have any alternatives to do it fast..thanks
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
IVF

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing..

IVF would be faster and better success rate in patients with tubal block.. But it is quite expensive.. This process of ovulation induction might require sometime like around 6 months.. In this period it might be successful in the first cycle itself.. This depends on luck..

Hope i have answered your query.. Good day..
Follow up: Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 10 hours later
Thanks Doc, can u please tell me estimated figure for IVF...

Once again i want to thank u for the information and support...Thank u
Answered by Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
1 to 3 lakhs

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing...

The estimate for IVF would range from 1 to 3 lakhs depending on the hospital, the number of embryos transferred, and the number of times the embryo transfer is repeated and for cryopreservation of the unused embryos...

Hope I have answered your query... good day...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju