Is it possible to have shingles on your penis?
It is possible to have shingles on the penile area but it occurs rarely.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Shingles results from a reactivation of the virus that also causes chickenpox.
It usually appears in the thoracic and the facial part of the body.
As per your query, it is possible to have shingles on the penile area but it occurs rarely.
If you can help me with more information about your symptoms or a photo I would be able to help you better.
Meanwhile, I would recommend using noninflammatory medication for the pain such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I would also recommend using antiviral cream such as acyclovir ointment for local application.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?