Is glycovira cream good for acne prone oily skin?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Acne
Question: Hi .... Please let me know if Glycovira cream is good for acne prone oily skin? I have undergone dermabrassion few months back but again i see pimples popping up and skin getting scarry... can you please suggest any ointment and facewash which will best suit me. my skin type is oily and i genearlly have pimples around my chin
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 26 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.

Glycovira contains glycolic acid it is good for acne prone skin.It can help in acne as well as pigmentation and scars.

You can use Deriva CMS cream at night over pimples .
It will help you.

Also you can use Brevoxyl creamy face wash.It is good for acne prone oily skin.

Instead of dermabrasion if you will undergo chemical peeling with glycolic acid it would be good for you.It will reduce acne and scars both.Dermabrasion can lead to increase in acne in patients who are prone to acne.

Avoid sunexposure while using Glycovira .Use good quality sunscreen like SUNCOTE GEL and physical protection with scarf during day time.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for followup.
Regards.
DR SUd