Is extreme fatigue in the limbs a symptom of a connective tissue disease?

Question
I was on line earlier with Dr. Phophalia and he thought that I might have one of the connective tissue diseases so I was checking on that. Do you know of one that would cause extreme fatigue, especially in the legs and radiating upward to till I just want to take a nap?

A Dr told me several years ago that I had a slight case of lupus. Dose it progress to such a state that I currently need a care taker?

Is something happening?
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some explanations given and recommendations

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at HealthcareMagic.

I carefully read your question. Fatigue can be caused by many diseases and conditions. It is good you have been checked to rule out connective tissue disorders especially because of the history of Lupus that you also mention. Lupus can cause fatigue also.

Other causes to consider are if you have any other chronic conditions like diabetes or others, you have not mentioned anything else in your medical history.
If you use medications also can effect muscles and especially if you take medications for high lipids.

Age in itself is a factor that causes the muscles to get thinner and weaker (called sacropenia) and can contribute with the advance of it and not regular exercising in difficulty to do daily activities and more.
Having regular exercises can help the muscles get stronger and you feel better. There are certain exercises that help better but a physiotherapist can help identify which is better and which muscle groups you will need to strengthen.

Meanwhile please have the test results for the connective tissue disorders and also do some other tests like sugar level, TSH (for thyroid function), Creatinine (for kidney function), ALT, AST, bilibrubine, proteine in blood to check liver function and also a CBC to rule out anemia as these all can affect the health in general and also the muscles. ECG and heart ultrasound would be good to check the heart function also.
ERS is an index of inflammation that i think you should already have checked in the spectrum of connective tissue disorders.

I hope this gives you some answers and addresses some of your concerns but please feel free to contact me again in case more clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD