Is eruption of a boil on the stomach a sign of Kaposi sarcoma?
Few days back I had my query resolved regarding hiv and their symptoms...however 4 days back I had this small boil like eruption on my belly developed and I researched a lot of info in the internet...came across an article regarding kaposis sarcoma ....from that day I am really tensed whether the boil is what may be kaposis sarcoma...I am attaching the picture of the eruption on my belly skin...along with that I have few more queries ...
(1) is the eruption on my belly skin kaposis sarcoma
(2) suddenly getting itch on my both the legs and back of my scalp ...kindly suggest the treatment.
Looks like furuncle, not looking like Kaposi sarcoma
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,
I have reviewed the attached photographs.
It looks like a furuncle which is a bacterial infection of the skin.
It is not looking like Kaposi sarcoma.
Itching on the legs and back of scalp could be due dermatitis or xerosis.
For the furuncle, you need to take a course of oral and topical antibiotics like tablet Linezolid 600 mg twice daily for 5-7 days and apply a Fusidic acid cream on the affected area twice daily for 7-10 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
For itching on the legs, I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Meanwhile, take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs