Is driving advisable after taking a dose of Suboxone?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Sat, 17 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi I took my suboxone seven hours ago and I need to go get groceries I also need to know if it is illegal to drive since I took those on my last dose eight hours ago
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is better avoided.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.

It is difficult to comment, as I have not examined you. Drug impairs the mental or physical abilities required for the performance such as driving a car especially during treatment induction and dose adjustment.

Patients are usually cautioned about driving until they are reasonably certain that Suboxone sublingual tablet therapy does not adversely affect his or her ability to engage in such activities.

So what I would suggest is if possible you ask someone to help you to get to the place or see consultant doctor for help as he will be in better person to decide.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina