Is blood in urine and blocked sinuses in the morning a serious health concern?
the blood in the urine, hematuria, needs assessment
Blood in the urine, hematuria; can be related to different causes and you would need assessment by your doctor to find the cause for you.
Some of the most common causes are-:
(1)Infection of the urinary tract- bladder, prostate, kidneys, urethra, ureter
(2)Enlargement of the prostate
(5)Abnormal growth of some part of the urinary tract
(7)Side effect of medication EXAMPLE: medicine to stop clotting or aspirin etc.
Your abdomen would need to be examined, urine assessed and possibly bloods done to find the cause. Treatment would depend on the cause found.
In most persons, the cause is not serious but you would need assessment to find the specific cause for you.
Clogged or blocked sinuses on the am are usually due to inflammation of the sinuses. This can be due to infection, reaction to colder environment on the mornings, allergies.
Treatment would consist of the use of an antihistamine/decongestant combination if the problem is very bothersome.
Eg Zyrtec, Claritine, Allegra, Benadryl
One of these would help with this symptom.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blocked sinus and high blood pressure
- Symptom of smelling urine in sinuses
- Sinus infection and frequent urination
- Sinus infection and cloudy urine
- Can blocked sinuses raise blood pressure
- Sinusitis urine smell on breath
- Blocked sinuses high blood pressure
- Can blocked sinuses cause high blood pressure
- Frequent urination prescribed amoxicillin for sinus problem
- Blood clot blocking sinus