question-icon

Is a skin tag on an armpit a concern?

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016
Question: I have what I believe is a skin tag by my armpit that grew a while ago now I have one growing on my neck should I be concerned ?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
May need skin biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us . We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems not to be very much concerned about if at this moment but for further reassurance the most appropriate approach should be to send a piece from the lesion for histopathology as this will eradicate the high index of suspicion for any skin malignancy. Hope this turns out to be something benign. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin