Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Is a medical consultation required if the Adam's apple has disappeared?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2017
Answered : 732 Questions
My neck got pushed on, and there was a big pop and now my Adam’s apple is gone. And my neck feels tight. Should go to the ER?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in null
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go to the ER.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.I have analysed your query.My opinion is that,you should go to the ER.You may require investigations like XRay and MRI of the neck to rule out any injury in the neck region.If you have pain,take analgesics like paracetomol.But immediately go to the ER.
Thank you.
Feel free to write your queries.

Brief Answer:
Yes dear.You should go.

Detailed Answer:
Since you say there is tightness in your neck area,it is necessary to rule out any minor injuries.So kindly rush to ER.
Thank you.
If you have no other questions kindly close the conversation and rate the answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is a medical consultation required if the Adam's apple has disappeared? 14 minutes later
Should i still go even if there is no pain?
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor