• question-icon

Is a medical abortion dangerous?

Posted on Wed, 9 Dec 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: I had my last period on 3rd oct.iam pregnent now.in how many weeks is it safe to have a medical abortion.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Earlier the better.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If you want to terminate the pregnancy it is better to terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible. Earlier the better and lesser will be the complications.
You can get it terminated with the help of medicines if it is less than 7 weeks duration. This you need to confirm after an ultrasound scan.
in case it is more than 7 weeks then surgical procedure- D&C will be needed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL XXXX

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Is it necessary to visit the hospital with my husband for medical abortion.
Do doctor ask for his permission??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Husband's permission is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It is best to go to the hospital with your husband. A doctor can ask permission from both of you.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 hours later
Is it compulsory tat i should go to hospital with my husband.if i go alone they wont agree for abortion.
Brief Answer:
Better to go with husband.

Detailed Answer:
It depends on the doctor. She might consider you for an abortion if she thinks that you genuinely need an abortion. But it is better if you go with your husband.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN