Is a growing ovarian cyst symptom of cancer?
Needs MRI scan
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The finding of an ovarian cyst causes considerable anxiety to women because of the fear of malignancy, but the vast majority are benign.
Perimenopausal women with asymptomatic cysts smaller than 8 cm on ultrasound in whom the CA125 is within the normal range may be followed with a repeat ultrasound examination at 8-12 weeks.
Persistent ovarian cysts larger than 5 cm and complex ovarian cysts should be removed surgically.
Since there is a growth of new cysts in your case it needs further evaluation with serum CA125 levels and an MRI scan to see the extent of spread of the cysts.
Do follow your gynecologist's directions.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Ca 125 does not suggest the spread.
Thanks for writing again.
CA 125 is raised if the cysts detected are malignant. Since the cysts are complex in nature and are gradually increasing in size this needs to be further investigated. A well defined lesion is mostly a localized lesion. Ca 125 levels will help in ruling out any malignancy without a biopsy. Please do not worry. It does not mean that the cysts detected are malignant.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of ovarian cysts?
- Ovarian cyst emotional symptoms
- Ovarian cysts or fibroids symptoms
- Ovarian cyst symptoms
- Cancerous ovarian cyst causes
- Ovarian cyst and ovarian cancer
- Symptoms of cancerous ovarian cyst
- Ovarian cyst vs ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cyst septation cancer
- Diagnosis of cancerous ovarian cyst
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...