Is a biopsy test the best option to rule out melanoma while having a freckle on the cervix?
Can be an irregular lesion.
Thanks for posting your query.
A freckle on the cervix is a benign harmless finding but in case it is angry looking, bleeds on touch, has irregular margins or is very prominent or gradually increasing in size then a biopsy is needed to rule out melanoma.
During the examination may be your gynecologist felt that the lesion might turn malignant. Biopsy is the only way to rule out a malignancy. There is no harm in getting the biopsy done.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Malignant melanoma treatment options
- Melanoma in situ vs melanoma
- Melanoma will show cbc test
- Melanoma stage 4 spread to the liver ovaries cervix life expectancy
- Could the freckle spot on cheek be melanoma
- Blood and urine tests to detect melanoma
- Will melanoma show up in blood tests
- Mole below nail doctor suggests biopsy worried about melanoma
- Genetic test for melanoma
- What are the available treatment options for internal melanoma