Is "Suspicious for Follicular neoplasm" in ultrasound indication of cancer?
Now he thinks i am now Hypo, My tsh is real high. I have surgery in Aug to remove part my thyroid to see if cancer, he wanted out anyways so down road nodules would not cause Swallowing problems ect. I was told 20 to 30 percent chance of it being cancer Is that correct??
Hurthle cell nodules and follicular nodules are difficult to distinguish from cancer cells in an Fine needle aspiration study. We need a proper biopsy. For this gland has to be removed.
Yes there are chances of cancer. Even if it is cancer, they can be cured in most cases. Most Thyroid cancers are slow growing. Not to worry.
I think you are on a right track and in safe hands.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Follicular neoplasm causes
- Scared of follicular neoplasm
- Symptoms of follicular neoplasm
- Follicular neoplasm thyroid nodule
- Treatment and cure for follicular neoplasm
- Drugs/medication for follicular neoplasm
- Follicular neoplasm thyroid
- Follicular neoplasm thyroid cancer
- Diagnosis of follicular neoplasm
- Micro follicular neoplasm
- What causes sore throat inspite of having a treated thyroid cancer?
- What does low troponin value indicate?
- What causes extreme body heat with no fever?
- What causes spike in blood sugar level?
- What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin?
- What causes pink blood discharge?
- What causes shortness of breath,confusion and depression when on thyroid...
- Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin
- What does "eGFR is 57,sodium 129 and chloride 90" indicate?
- What causes nausea inspite of having diabetes, acid reflux disease and...