Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Thyroid nodule present. FNA showing possible follicular neoplasm. Need information on genetic FNAs

I was told I have a 16 mm thyroid nodule , FNA says suspicious for follicular neoplasm , Endr wants to do another FNA 2 months later to test genetics? How reliable are the new genetic FNA s? I m afraid if it is a FN that if they leave it I might end off finding out a year from now that the genetic FNA might be wrong, then this could be worse.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi Welcome to HCM
If FNAC report indicates a possibility of follicular neoplasm then what is the point of doing genetics?
That does not prevent the disease progression.
If it is left untreated it may turned into serious problem.
I think you should consult with a general surgeon who will guide you better.
So, I think go for a second opinion.
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor