Is Safi safe to have for acne?

Nephrologist
Question
I wanted to know if drinking safi is safe . As i read some reports that it has lead content which may be harmful. I have a very oily skin and prone to acne .I have recently starting having acne on my upper back and under arms also . It makes a spot and reoccurs there only. I have tried many face wash and creams like lacto , boe chemic , some derma suggested etc . But nothing has been effective . I have also dried drinking lots of water and applying mul tani miti to make skin dry . But the problem is internal . I have heard of medicines which dry up the acne and reduce open pores but is not good when you plan to conceive. So I want to know something effective but with least side effects that can be consumed on daily bases to reduce the acne and remove the spots .I think in digestion could be a probable cause along with harmones. Please suggest
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Safi

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Many patients have come to me after trying Safi, Safi is well known commercial drink which claims to cure acne and other things. I advice you not to drink safi for acne as I have seen no improvement with it.

From the history you have given it, it looks like you have a severe form of acne. I advice you to mix one tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon of low fat yoghurt onto your skin daily. Leave it on for 20 min and then wash it off. I also advice you to apply XXXXXXX water on your skin at night.

Here are my other suggestions

1. Isotretnoin therapy is the best and the most effective therapy for acne, however it cannot be taken if you trying to conceive
2. Keep your skin dry all the time. Keep wiping your face with a fresh paper towel
3. Do not apply any moisturizer or sun screen lotion
4. Wash your face atleast 3 times a day

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Is Safi safe to have for acne? 51 minutes later

Thanks for the reply . I want to know what to use to wash my face .
And for acne treatment I believe blood purification is required is there some medicine ,tonic or syrup I can use . Because the treatment you have suggested is only for the surface not internal.

Also currently I am not trying to conceive you can suggest a medicine in that respect . My purpose was to ask for mild but effective daily dosage which doesn't have repercussions later .

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scrub

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

I advice you to use a apricot scrub once a week to scrub your face. Face wash can be of your choice but always make sure to use a toner after washing your face. This will prevent pimples.
Isotretinoin treatment is the idea treatment for you. It does not have any long term effects.
If you believe blood purification is required for acne treatment then you can try Safi, however in my personal experience it has not shown any results. A much better drink would be herbal green tea every morning.

I hope I was of help