Is L-Arginine safe to take while on Tribenzor?
A bit of information:
Hello and welcome,
I looked up L-Arginine on the Memorial XXXXXXX Kettering website as they provide what research is known about various supplements and often list herb-drug interactions and a "do not take if" section.
What they say about L-Arginine's interactions is that L-Arginine has a vasodilatory effect (makes blood vessels open wider) which can drop blood pressure, and therefore if combined with an antihypertensive (BP lowering medicine), it can have an additive effect, causing the blood pressure to lower even further.
So if your husband's blood pressure is in a normal range with Tribenzor, there is the potential for it to go even lower, or for him to have light headedness when he stands up.
This is the potential risk, but it doesn't mean that it will necessarily happen. But it is definitely something to watch for.
Here is the site I am getting this information from. See the section for medical professionals and then "do not take if" or "herb-drug interactions":
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking ginkgo biloba and l arginine mix
- Is headache a side effect of tribenzor?
- L arginine granules during pregnancy is safe
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of tribenzor?
- What are the side effects of tribenzor?
- Is frequent urge to urinate a side effect of tribenzor?
- L arginine supplement proanthocyanidin granules taking with milk
- Lump in throat after taking arginine
- Is arginine safe for heart murmurs
- When to take l-arginine