Is Glynase MF better than Reclimet?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Thu, 8 Jun 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi Doctor, I have been advised by my doctor to take half a tablet morning and half night reclemet 80/500 tablets for diabetes. Of late this medicine does not seem to work properly. On the advice of another doctor I started using Glynaes MF which seems to be working better. Any advice from you would be appreciated. thanks.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue Glynase MF

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query,

If you are noticing the symptoms are reduced by Glynase MF then you can continue that medicine for another 3 months and get FBS, PPBS, and HBA1c done after 3 months to see the improvements.

Along with the oral anti diabetic medicines always it is very important to maintain the diet and do regular exercise.

Diet includes: Less glycemic content food and more fibrous food along with omega 3 rich foods.

Reduce carbohydrates. Have small meal at regular intervals, instead of 3 heavy meals.

Any issue do follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng