Is Cilostazol effective in treating numbness in feet?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my doctor has prescribed cilostazol for numbness in my feet and ankles when I stand for more than 15 minutes ..will this cause this to go away..im also taking niacin
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A trial and response needs to be observed

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Cilostazole is a good drug for stagnant circulation in the legs. It helps by improved flow properties of blood and improved caliber of arteries.
It is typically used for intermittent claudication.
You have dyslipidemia, so reduce fat in diet, do light exercises and start fat lowering medicines under cover from local clinician.
Cilostazole benefits different patients differently depending upon the severity of the disease and comorbidities.
A test of time and response are the best judge.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj