Is Ceftum 500 BD for 10 days heavy medicine dosage?
He is suffering from urinary infection and doctor had advised to take Ceftum 500 BD for 10 days, Is is safe or is it heavy dosage.
Can we use Ceftum 500 OD for 10 days instead??
Ceftum 500 OD is sufficient.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your father's symptoms and his current medications.
For treating urinary tract infection, a dose of ceftum (cefuroxime) 500 mg once daily (OD) for 10 days is sufficient.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to prepone the periods by medicine by 10 days
- Ceftum medicine chemical ingredient
- Ceftum 250 medicine where to use
- Ceftum 250 why we take this medicine
- Leptos 10 500mg medicine content
- Medicine for cold ceftum 250
- 10 days late for period suggest some medicine
- Medicine ceftum 500 meaning
- Ceftum medicine and alcohol
- What benefite medicine ceftum 500
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy