What causes redness and swelling on the thumb?
Please suggest how to get rid of this. I would like medication.
It is very urgent.
Oral and topical antibiotics, anti inflammatory medicines
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints and you seem to have developed bacterial infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take oral antibiotic like tablet linezolid 600 mg twice daily for 7 days alond with anti inflammatory medicines like tablet containing combination of serratiopeptidase and diclofenac twice daily for 5 days.
Also apply a topical antibiotic like mupirocin cream on the affected thumb twice daily for 7-8 days.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see a doctor to get them.
I contated my doctor over phone and he advised:- ceftum 500 twice daily for 5 days, calpol for pain and T-Bact for external application(** he has not seen my finger)
I have uploaded two pictures of my finger. Please see them and confirm your diagnosis.
1) i do not have any cut/wound in the finger and i am also not bitten by any insect. then what may be the reason for this infection?
2) I am a kidney transplanted patient. unfortunately i have done my blood test with the infection. And my creatinine level increased from 1.2 to 1.33. Whether this infection may increase the creatinine level and may come down once infection is gone?
3) the pain is higher if the hand is in hanging position and less when in supine position-----is it normal?
Please see the pictures and comment on my queries.
Seems to be acute paronychia, creatinine levels will come down
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be acute paronychia which is bacterial infection of the nail folds.
This infection is very common in persons with habit of frequent washing of hands, frequent use of soaps and detergents and in persons with reduced immunity.
Your creatinine levels are slightly above the normal range.
It can be related to infection and will come down once it is over.
It is normal to have more pain in hanging position.
Keep your hand in upright and supine position.
This will reduce pain as well as the swelling.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes my thumb to twitch
- What causes redness and swelling in toes
- What causes hotred and swollen thumb
- What causes swelling and redness in premium
- What causes red thumbs
- What causes thumb pain
- What causes numbness and tingling in thumb
- What causes painful purple bruise and swelling on thumb
- What causes pain on tip of thumb
- What causes persistent bump on thumb