Is Betnesol advisable for pregnant women before and after delivery?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi , is it safe to take 6 shots of betnesol , of 6mg each on the day before and in the day of delivery ? My doctor has adviced it to my wife . please suggest if it as any side effects or if the dose is high ?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir thanks for trusting health care magic.
Betnesol is given for lung maturity of the baby and is usually given in dose of 12 mg once and then again 12 mg is repeated after 24 hours of previous injection.
It is safe and commonly given.
Just one important precaution is that her sugar levels should be normal.
All the best.
Dr Manisha