Is Acetaminophen advisable to manage pain after injury?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: my husband feel off the ladder, he got bruised and no broken bones, he says he is sore, can he use acetaminophen/cod for pain? He is 68 yrs old and had open heart surgery for clogged arteries 5 years ago. He is in excellent conditions now, except for this fall. He fell on his side and fell on a brink. Thank you in advance, XXXXXXX ruiz
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes he can. ...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am sorry for the fall your husband experienced recently.

Taking into account his personal history of open heart surgery 5 years ago, it's ok if he takes acetaminophen /cod for the sores.

See if he is bruised, apply heparin cream locally.
Observe if unusual symptoms will appear. If yes send to ER or see a doctor as soonas possible.

All the best. Wish fast recovery.
Dr.Albana