I%E2%80%99ve had a Gout attack I%E2%80%99ve been dealing with for

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sun, 13 Jan 2019 in Lupus
Question: I%E2%80%99ve had a Gout attack I%E2%80%99ve been dealing with for two weeks now. I,be XXXXXXX free from attack just by managinging my diet, so this took me by XXXXXXX I used Colchicine for several days until I ran out. I have continued to take the natural remedies that have worked in the past, but it%E2%80%99s making very slow improvement and I%E2%80%99m still unable to put enough weight on my ankles to walk. my past attacks have lasted 2 to 4 days, I%E2%80%99ve never had one last this long. I have a home blood test monitor I%E2%80%99ve been tracking my Uric Acid level and four tast for days I%E2%80%99ve ranged from 6 to as low as 3.5, so I don%E2%80%99t know why the inflamation has not cleared. please advise
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may have needed another colchicine course.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

You may have needed another corse of colchicine to help you pass the attack or you stopped it too soon and this may be the cause why it lasted too long.
I think you are just at the end of attack.
The uric acid levels are at normal range.
At this point I just recommend you to elevated limb, rest it as much as possible and drink water.
Also you can use ice to reduce inflammation.
Taking ibuprofen or naproxen is advisable.
If the attack continue you can repeat colchicine treatment. Corticosteroid injection also can help you pass the attack.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 12 hours later
is corticosteroid injection the same thing is Corizone? Also in the little bit of reading I just did it sounds like it's not for pain, but for inflammation, which go hand and hand anyway, but I was wondering how long it takes to feel the effects of the shot and I was wondering with it being a steroid, would it actually help to repair some of the damage that has occurred to my joint(s)?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Corticosteroids will improve pain too.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and thank you for asking again.
Corticosteroid injections is the same as cortisone.
It works within 24 hours.
It reduces inflammation so reduces swelling and pain and improves healing. It doesn't repair the damage done to joint.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T