I woke up this morning with very bad cramp in
Probably proctalgia, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to proctalgia.
Proctalgia is anal pain that has many medical conditions.
In your case, it can be related to the presence of hemorrhoids.
This pain is usually caused by muscle spasms.
I suggest you use muscle relaxants such as Baclofen three tablets a day.
I suggest using topical anti hemorrhoids cream such as Preparation H cream.
I also suggest to take daily probiotics and eat a healthy diet to avoid constipation.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The fever indicates the presence of an infection.
Hi again dear,
The fever is an indication of an infection.
If the infection was in the intestine you would have diarrhea.
Based on the fact that you don't have diarrhea we can suspect that the infection is the anal area.
In rare cases, hemorrhoids can become infected.
I recommend using Acetaminophen 500 mg for the fever.
I also recommend taking an over the counter laxative option such as Miralax 10 ml per day.
I also recommend to check a proctologist for a physical examination to confirm the diagnosis.
Hope my answer was helpful.
Feel free to contact me again for further clarification.
Take care dear,
The soreness can be there after severe anal cramps.
The soreness can certainly be there after severe anal cramps.
It will go away on its own in a few days.
I'd suggest continuing using Baclofen for relief at least for three days.
I also suggest to follow up with a proctologist for a physical examination.
If the infection is confirmed through the physical examination, antibiotics may be needed for further treatment.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?