question-icon

I was just told I have Severe Degenerative Disc Disease

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018
Question: I was just told I have Severe Degenerative Disc Disease... C4-C5, C5-C6, also Trace Retrolisthesis of C5 on C6, also Trace Anterolisthesis of C3 on C4 with flexion with reduction on extension, suggesting instability. Sclerosis of the dens favored to be projectional. Can you explain? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Monish De (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Bed rest and physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through your reports

You are having degenerative disc disease and anterolisthesis with and sclerosis of dens meaning the upper portion of your vertebrae, the vertebral body have moved forward and has caused instability. This is caused by destruction of the myelin sheet which coats the discs by the bodies own immune system
The density of the vertebra increases and the bone becomes hard.
Such conditions can be treated by absolutely bed rest and consultation with physiotherapist
Dr Monish De
Oncologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist