I took 2 belsomra 10mg and oxycodone 10 325 with

Question
I took 2 belsomra 10mg and oxycodone 10 325 with alcohol. around 10. It wasn't a suicide attempt. I normally take the belsomra and oxycodone when I am in pain. but I am wondering if I will be ok .Please help.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can get serious

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but alcohol interacts with both medications. Taking alcohol with belsomra or oxycodone can lead to central nervous system depression and the side effects of dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, impaired thinking, judgement and motor coordination.. That is why you should avoid any activity that requires coordination and concentration such as driving or cooking..
while in severe cases using alcohol with oxycodone can lead to low blood pressure, respiratory distress, fainting, coma, or even death may occur. So, I would recommend that you keep yourself in close company and you should not be left alone in the next 24 hours. if any of the above severe symptoms are encountered then you should go to the hospital immediately.. I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..