I suffer from frequent viginal yeast infection and it normally

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2019 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I suffer from frequent viginal yeast infection and it normally goes away after two pills (forgot the name of it) and a normal 7 day treatment of Mobistat, but this time it didn’t work, it doesn’t want to go away and the itching is unbearable. What would it be and what is the best thing to relieve the itching. Also, the itching its become worse by the day and it is outside or around the vaginal area and directly in the uretra.
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have chronic yeast infection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

I have read your notes in detail. You seem to have chronic Yeast infection. Consult your doctor and take weekly oral treatment for yeast infection for 6 months. In addition you need to use local ointment for yeast infection for a week. If the itching is bothering you do discuss with your doctor and take antihistamines for some days.
If you have diabetes, make sure it is well controlled, so that you don’t get these recurrent infections. If you are obese please reduce weight. Hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Ramadevi Wani

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng