I have major swelling on one side of my face

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have major swelling on one side of my face just came on sudden. As not improved at all since it happened late Friday night. I also have had some weird skin issues in between my eyebrows. My eyelids and inner corner of my eye are so swollen you can only see part of my eye. I have swelling in my forehead cheek, and below my eye.i have also had this rash come up on my neck with swollen lymph nodes and itchy, off and on over the past month. Can I go to urgent care or do I need ER.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seek urgent care

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us .
The swelling you mentioned may be beginning of infection or allergy.This needs to be looked into immediately.There is no reason to delay and you should seek immediate help to plan further course of action.
Any further query in this regard,do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T