I have had XXXXXXX and squamous skin cancer . Many

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 26 Jan 2019 in Cancer
Question: I have had XXXXXXX and squamous skin cancer. Many in areas I have had psoriasis. I had mohs surgery because they thought it was XXXXXXX but as the surgeon got into the surgery she saw it was squamous cell carcinoma and there was a tumor there that was just to difficult for her to finish. Evidently the tumor was calcified and needed an onocological surgeon to finish. The surgeon assured me he got the whole cancer but the original mohs surgeon was so concerned about the difficulty of the surgery she arranged for me to get free radiation therapy. I thought it was a wonderful service but in the back of my mind I han that feeling my mother used to say to me you get what you pay for.
They were very nice but since the surgery was so extensive I lost my left eyebrow and my eye would not close so I had to use systane type eye ointment every night. (Just to let u know how extensive the surgery was. they had a metal plate that they put into my eye to protect it during radiation therapy. I began getting eye infections and had to roll back sessions, then after barely a month the tech scratched my cornea with the metal plate. It was affecting my eye sight and between my surgeon and my children, and being a Dr's ex- wife, I decided to discontinue the radiation therapy. That was over 2 years.ago. I have had to have many more skin surgeries and recently I have notice more headaches (migraines) discoloration in the area that was operated on and it seems to be getting larger ,more sensitive, and some of the areas resemble moles and other ares look brusied. I also get many more eye infections. The oncologist told me if it comes back it will head straight behind the eye and into the brain and at this point it is lightd out. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Monish De 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
CT scan brain and biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you had a metal plate put into eye and had radiation therapy and now is having headaches, discoloration seems larger and some ares resemble moles and also looked bruised and you are getting more eye infections i would advise you to do a CT scan of brain first.

Also apply ciprofloxacin eye drops 2 drops in bilateral eyes for 7 days.

Also do a biopsy test of the area that resembles moles

If biopsy come out as positive them the cancer had come back and you may need further treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation depending on stage and extent of the disease

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Monish De 33 minutes later
The metal plate was. just inserted into eye every session to protect the eye from radiation. I was not sure if I made myself clear.
Ruthie Hack
Answered by Dr. Monish De 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:

CT scan of brain and eyes

Detailed Answer:

Hi

Yes i understood that the metal plate was just put temporarily to protect your eyes from radiation

But since you are having repeated eye infections and also headache and some ares resemble moles biopsy test is necessary

Ciprofloxacin eye drop will protect you from repeated eye infections

For headache you can take paracetamol 1 gm tablet

Also do CT scan of brain and eyes