I have been diagnosed with murcury poison 10 years ago,
Pleaee see detalied answer
Hi and Welcome to"Ask A Doctor "service .
I have read your question and here is my advice.
Mercury is a metal found naturally and in many products ( thermometer or dental products ) .
Its poisoning is still reported .
The health related effects of mercury depends on the dose , and duration of exposure and the route of ingestion .
You are right that mercury poisoning can cause certain pschiatric problems like irritability , insomnia , depression , mode swings etc. However if you had the poisoning ten years back , the recent mode disorders are very unlikely to be caused by the poisoning. If you are no more more exposed to mercury, the body takes mercury out in few days to few months .So after 10 years there should be no mercury in your body( if you are not exposed again)
For the treatment of swings in mode ,relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing , regular excercise , good diet , good sleep all may help .There are few drugs which work quite well but I am afraid those cannot be prescribed online as that needs detalied evaluation of your problem. So you may see your doctor if the problems is too teasing , who would asess you for the causes of change in mood and help you accordingly. it's unlikely to be related to mercury taken ten year back.
best luck .
Hope I have answered your question. I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Rahman. . .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol