I have a white crusty round raised mark on the

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a white crusty round raised mark on the top of the left side of my chest which is about the size of a pencil eraser. When I touch it it burns a little bit , I have put hot water on it and bacitracin and now I am using vaseline. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think it is psoriasis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

As per your symptoms I think you are suffering from psoriasis. Kindly attach a photo of the skin rash in reports for me to confirm it.
It is a skin condition that makes skin to grow fast making them to form patches.

You can try to use a corticosteroid cream such hydrocortisone to relieve itching.
I don't think you can use bacitracine since it is not a skin infection

You can use vaseline after bath to keep the skin moist.
Also vitamin D supplements and fishy oil and omega 3 supplements can help your body to reduce inflammation.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj