I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
Prostatitis is unlikely.
Prostatitis is usually associated with recent surgical trauma to the prostate gland, e.g. biopsies. It presents with severe pain corresponding to the prostate on rectal examination, where the gland is felt very sponge-like. Your symptoms do not sound like prostatitis, but a clinical examination would probably give the diagnosis. A perianal abscess or hemorrhoid can present with the symptoms you describe. Do you feel anything out of the ordinary in your genital and anal area?
Get a urinalysis
That definitely indicates an infection that may have spread to the prostate. I suggest you get a urinalysis at your doctor's and have it tested for urinary tract infection and sexually transmitted diseases.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has