question-icon

I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Question: I have a question about Prostatitis. For the past couple of days I've been feeling a heaviness between the scrotum and anus and light discomfort in penis. It doesn't burn when I pee and I don't have to pee frequently. I have been in a lot of stress the last couple of months and I hear that could cause some of these symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Prostatitis is unlikely.

Detailed Answer:
Prostatitis is usually associated with recent surgical trauma to the prostate gland, e.g. biopsies. It presents with severe pain corresponding to the prostate on rectal examination, where the gland is felt very sponge-like. Your symptoms do not sound like prostatitis, but a clinical examination would probably give the diagnosis. A perianal abscess or hemorrhoid can present with the symptoms you describe. Do you feel anything out of the ordinary in your genital and anal area?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (53 minutes later)
I feel a slight discomfort-burning from the tip of the penis to just before the anal area. But the slight burning sensation does not translate when I pee.

Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Get a urinalysis

Detailed Answer:
That definitely indicates an infection that may have spread to the prostate. I suggest you get a urinalysis at your doctor's and have it tested for urinary tract infection and sexually transmitted diseases.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon