Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I have a localized rash on my left side where

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2975 Questions
I have a localized rash on my left side where my rib cage is. It is not
itchy or burning.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Intertrigo or ringworm infection, topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be either intertrigo which is inflammation of the body fold or ringworm infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole cream or miconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily for 2 weeks.
This should help in improving the rash.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor