I have a cousin she is having a very difficult

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I have a cousin she is having a very difficult time. She had her gallbladder removed 2 years ago. That did not solve the problem. They tested her for gluten intolerance her results on all 3 of the test was off the charts. She stopped eating gluten for a year no change. Still extremely bloated to the point that her stomach expands 4 inches through the day. She says it feels like her liver has blood running down around it. She is always sweaty and hot to the touch. Can you give us any ideas. The doctors do not seem to be able to get it figured out. Also her bowels are good no problem in that department.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Food intolerance is possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think she may be suffering from food intolerance, difficulty in digesting certain foods. It may be caused by lack of certain enzymes or body reaction to some chemicals.

She should keep a diary writing down all types of food she is eating when symptoms happen .
She can go to dietitian for intolerance tests.
The only cure for it is to eliminate the food which is causing it. This is only way to relieve symptoms.

Hope I have answered the question
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng