I have Epstein-Barr virus , a herpes virus. I think

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2018 in General Health
Question: I have Epstein-Barr virus, a herpes virus. I think I have it in remission through nutrition and lifestyle but it when it reactivates it's absolute hell.

My new potential partner has herpes 1 with symptoms being extremely rare every few years.

Question. If I contracted herpes 1 will it reactivate the Epstein-Barr virus, or make it more likelihood that I will be reactivated?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I don't think HSV1 infection can affect activating Ebstein Bar or herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

Most of the adults have been infected with herpes 1 virus through life. Most probably you may have been infected to it in past.
It is characterised by a cold sore in lip corner. If you have not been infected to it you may get it if you kiss a person with a blister outbreak.
If you get it I don't think it can affect the Ebstein Bar virus reactivisation or herpes 2 reactivisation.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T