I am producing white pheglem but no cough . Also
Your symptoms seems to be related to an upper respiratory tract infection.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to an upper respiratory tract infection.
The white phlegm occurs when the immune system sends white blood cells, known as neutrophils, in the area of infection.
These neutorphils go out as a white phlegm.
I would recommend you to use anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 gm three times a day to reduce the inflammation.
I would also recommend you to use mucolitics such as Guaifenesin. It is available in tablet form over the counter (Mucinex)
I recommend you to drink liquids and rest.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?