I am having pain in my lower abdomen, near left

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Sun, 3 Feb 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: I am having pain in my lower abdomen, near left ovaries. I have PCOS and in the past, took medicine for bulky ovaries. Regular periods
should I get ultrasound? Is it a symptom of issue?
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for letting us know your health concern.

I have gone through your query and would like to offer my opinion.

The need for further evaluation depends on the intensity of the pain, the frequency and the associated symptoms.

In view of the history of PCOD, I would suggest a clinical evaluation along with a sonogram to exclude any cysts that may have enlarged and responsible for the pain. Other likely causes such as infection in the lower urinary tract and the pelvis also should be excluded.

If you have not yet received your period and are sexually active, pregnancy should also be suspected.

Hope you find this information useful. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T