I am having an issue with an itching coming from
fungal or bacterial infection, fungal can cause itching
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
If the expiration date for the meds had passed significantly, then may not be effective
Burning on urination is usually related to an infection of the urinary tract, in this case the urethra which is the tube that runs through the penis. This usually requires a course of antibiotics, there are different antibiotics that can be used eg augmentin ( a type of penicilin), septrin, ciprofloxacin
Fluids to flush the urinary tract and cranberry products can also help as well.
Urinary tract infections do not usually cause itching however, this is usually a symptom of an yeast infection. Burning on urination can occur in women with yeast infections but not as commonly in men.
It is a rare complication but if the burning is only at the very end then a fungal infection is possible
Antifungals such as fluconazole , sometimes one dose is all that is required, maybe helpful.
Some persons can have more than one type of infection present but again more common in women.
A urine test would be helpful.
Summary: bacterial infections are the most common reason for burning but not usually itching
Fungal/yeast infections- can cause itching and occasionally burning- because can cause both can consider treatment with oral antifungals
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
unfortunately not allowed to prescribe, sorry for inconvenience
Can understand your worry about seeking assistance, though , as a doctor, we're supposed to keep all patient information private.
It would be best to confirm which , if any, infection is present so that you can get the absolutely right treatment.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to prescribe medication but there are online pharmacies that you can try where the medication can be requested and ordered, if you decide not to be assessed.
Sorry for any inconvenience
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?