I am getting little pain from 1 week onwards at

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am getting little pain from 1 week onwards at right side behind the ribcage I am thinking most probably in liver area May i know what the pain is that???
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pl send details

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
Pain Right side behind the ribcage could be due to multiple reasons,, If it is in the lower part then liver pathology is a possibility, Else it could be a lung infection , pleura thickening it in middle part or upper part.
To be of more helpful I need few more details as to location ,fever type of pain etc, Also if any investigation has been done.
Waiting for your response.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
No Sir Lungs not but the pain is in liver position..
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pl see below

Detailed Answer:
Hi
If the pain is in liver position( Lower 1/3 anteriorly right side) then it could be due to liver disease . I suggest you get Ultrasound abdomen and Liver function tests.
Behind ribs pain does occur in rib pathology but one X ray chest is always advisable.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad