I am 69 year old female. Been relatively healthy. Gaulbladder/

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 69 year old female. Been relatively healthy. Gaulbladder/appendix surgery in 1971. Diagnosed 9 years ago w IBS. Cons and dia alternate. Last Sept ended up in ER. Did contrast CT but didn’t see anything. I have a small ovarian fibroid which I’ve had for at least 9 years that hurts now and then. Three weeks ago I ended up in the ER again. They gave me 3 bags fluid and did another contrast CT. Said didnt see anything except little diverticulitis and the smallfibroid. Both knuckles are achy and sore to touch and lower back aches w stiffness. I also have a rash on torso that was biopsyed and came back normal. My red and white counts are normal. I’ve had two colonoscopies in the past nine years the last one 4 years ago. Doc prescribed anti anxiety and anti stomach spasm meds. Other than those two taken for last three weeks I take nothing. Hate to take pills. I guess I’m afraid I have cancer and they aren’t finding. Just tired of feeling lousy. Not tired at all. In fact I fight it when I don’t feel well and tend to pace a great deal. What is wrong with me.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your anxiety is making things worse

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone carefully through your query. I would insist you to upload an image of the rash. I do not think that with the negative findings you need to worry about cancer. You need to understand that your anxiety is making things worse. In fact that is the primary concern.

I could perhaps guide you further if you could upload any medical notes that you have. I would await your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana