Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hurt ribs, swollen, tender, painful. Taking Ibuprofen. What is the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 322 Questions
Two days ago, I fell down outside & hit my ribs on my rightside mid back on the edge of a granite wall. The area is swollen & very tender. I cannot bend over or twist my body to the left. I have joint pain & have the chills. I am taking Ibuprofin. I have nausea. Althought I have great insurance I didn't go to the ER on Sunday thinking there is nothing they could do. I have no pain breathing.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It may be simple muscle injury however its important to rule out rib fracture. I would suggest to consult an orthopaedic doctor and get the xray of the chest.
Treatment always conservative with using a rib belt and anti inflammatory with muscle relaxant and local ice & gel application. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor