Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to treat intermittent burning sensation in the upper chest?

Answered by
Dr. Ajay Panwar


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 1794 Questions

Posted on Tue, 14 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Have had on/off burning sensation in upper chest, back, uppeer arms for last 10 hours. I am diabetic (take insulin) w/ 6.3 and blood sugars at 105 right now, thyroid deficiency (take levothyroxine 125 mcg) and losartan potassium (25 mg). Had stress/rest test done 6 mo. ago, and they told me not to worry.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should get a physical examination done

Detailed Answer:


If the symptoms which you have mentioned are acute in onset, I think its better for you to visit a physician and get yourself physically examined.An ECG and routine blood tests may be required. Also, blood pressure abnormality should be checked for.

Take Care,
Dr. Ajay Panwar,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on