How to soothe numbness after meth injection in arm hitting a nerve around vein?

Dr. Preeti Parakh

Addiction Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Drug Abuse
Question: after a meth injection in arm possibly hitting a nerve around the vein, how do i soothe the feeling of numbness and slow burn?
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Elevation, hot compress. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic! Possibly the lining of the vein was breached during the injection and this is causing the numbness and the burning sensation. Keep your arm elevated above the level of the heart and apply hot compress on the area. Also avoid injecting in the same arm for some time. Please do not worry. This is not a permanent damage and you will be fine in a day or so. Please let me know if there is any worsening. Best wishes. Dr Preeti Parakh MD Psychiatry